JUSTIN BARCIA FINISHES SIXTH IN CHICAGOLAND SUPERMOTOCROSS.
PIERCE BROWN SCORES 11TH IN 250 ACTION.
The second round of the SuperMotocross Playoffs gave the Troy Lee Designs/Red Bull/GASGAS Factory Racing Team a chance to rebound from a tough first round, and they found a very fast and flowing circuit at Chicagoland Speedway.
Once again showing starting prowess and the power of his MC 450F Factory Edition, Justin Barcia rounded the first turn in the top three. He briefly moved to second before being passed by a pair of riders who moved him to his eventual fourth-place finishing spot. In the second moto, he once again rounded the first turn in the top two, despite starting well on the outer half of the gate. Unfortunately, a crash in the sand section dropped him to 11th, and he was only able to pick up one spot before the finish. Still, his 4-10 moto finishes were good for sixth overall, and he currently holds down the seventh spot in the 450 standings.
Justin Barcia: “Chicagoland was a good day. I had good qualifying sessions, I was feeling good and had a good first moto. In the second moto I had a crash in the sand, and I was pretty stacked up from there, I couldn’t really make any passes and struggled a little after that. That was a tough second moto. But the first moto was really good so we had a few positives this weekend and I’m looking forward to getting back to California, doing a little bit of work before the last race, and going out with a good last race at the L.A. Coliseum.”
For Pierce Brown and his MC 250F Factory Edition, his day was all about 11th. Two 11th-place finishes resulted in an 11th overall.
Pierce Brown: “I felt a little under the weather all day. I just didn’t have what I needed, so we’re just going to rest up and get ready for the last round.“
Next Event (SuperMotocross Round 3): September 23, 2023 – Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles, Calif.
Results – 2023 SuperMotocross Playoff 2
1. Hunter Lawrence (Honda) 1-1; 2. Jo Shimoda (Kawasaki) 2-2; 3. Haiden Deegan (Yamaha) 3-3 …
11. Pierce Brown (GASGAS) 11-11;
1. Jett Lawrence (Honda) 1-2; 2. Ken Roczen (Suzuki) 3-1; 3. Chase Sexton (Honda) 2-3… 6. Justin Barcia (GASGAS) 4-10
SuperMotocross Playoff Standings – After Round 2
1. Hunter Lawrence (Honda) 89 points; 2. Jo Shimoda (Kawasaki) 86 points; 3. Haiden Deegan (Yamaha) 82 points…13. Pierce Brown (GASGAS) 41 points
1. Chase Sexton (Honda) 90 points; 2. Jett Lawrence (Honda) 88 points; 3. Ken Roczen (Suzuki) 80 points … 7. Justin Barcia (GASGAS) 59 points