BILLY BOLT IMPRESSES AT ENDUROGP ROUND ONE.
HUSQVARNA FACTORY RACING RIDER DELIVERS TWO SOLID PERFORMANCES ON HIS FE 350 TO FINISH WELL INSIDE THE TOP EIGHT ON BOTH DAYS OF COMPETITION IN ITALY.
Making a wildcard ride at the FIM EnduroGP World Championship opener, Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Billy Bolt has once again shown he can mix it with the world’s best classic enduro racers, taking on the opening round of the EnduroGP series in Italy this weekend. Finishing in a highly commendable sixth place in the competitive Enduro2 category on Saturday, Bolt maintained his pace to secure seventh on Sunday, despite a big crash early on.
Reigning 2023 SuperEnduro World Champion Bolt chose to race the opening round of EnduroGP to help build both his speed and endurance ahead of the start of the FIM Hard Enduro World Championship following a winter of sprint style SuperEnduro events and races. Choosing to ride his favoured FE 350 saw him step into the Enduro2 category and compete against multiple EnduroGP world champions and classic enduro specialists. Billy wasn’t fazed however and came out swinging in the sandy Friday evening Super Test to place an impressive seventh in class.
Into the first full day of competition, Bolt was able to hold his own on the dry, rough Italian tracks, claiming two top-three test results on his way to sixth place in E2. Sunday continued in very much the same way, and even after suffering a crash in the enduro test, Billy held on to the finish, ultimately claiming seventh place in Enduro2 – a solid result for the indoor and extreme enduro specialist.
Bolt now switches his focus to the opening round of the 2023 FIM Hard Enduro World Championship – the Xross Hard Enduro Rally, held in Serbia from May 17-20.
Results – 2023 EnduroGP World Championship, Round 1, Day 1
1. Andrea Verona (GASGAS) 1:13:51.52
2. Steve Holcombe (Beta) 1:13:55.11
3. Hamish MacDonald (Sherco) 1:14:35.99
6. Billy Bolt (Husqvarna) 1:16:47.53
1. Brad Freeman (Beta) 1:13:27.06
2. Andrea Verona (GASGAS) 1:13:51.52
3. Steve Holcombe (Beta) 1:13:55.11
17. Billy Bolt (Husqvarna) 1:16:47.53
Results – 2023 EnduroGP World Championship, Round 1, Day 2
1. Andrea Verona (GASGAS) 1:05:40.05
2. Steve Holcombe (Beta) 1:05:49.16
3. Hamish MacDonald (Sherco) 1:06:42:54
7. Billy Bolt (Husqvarna) 1:09:10.32
1. Brad Freeman (Beta) 1:05:23.86
2. Andrea Verona (GASGAS) 1:05:40.05
3. Steve Holcombe (Beta) 1:05:49.16
21. Billy Bolt (Husqvarna) 1:09:10.32